Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just another day...

I love when there's nothing to "report." (knock on wood) It's been pretty "normal" around here. Over the last two weeks, after all our company left, we've shared the crud amongst the Kurtz household. Now it's MY turn with it... Es no bueno...

Tuesday we took James to get his port flushed for the first time since leaving Children's.. I wish all encounters at the hospital went as smoothly as that did... It just makes me feel like fighting to have that port placed has been such a blessing for James... No more fighting to get a vein. YAY!

We are coming upon fever days for James, which are never fun, and with me not feeling well, I truly dread the long uncomfortable nights he's going to have... Poor baby... Poor MOMMY!! ;)

We are so excited for the warm weather that's been here lately... Not only does it mean no more cabin fever, but also the end of FLU/RSV season!!! WOOHOO!!! James gets his last Synagis shot on Wednesday (helps prevent RSV). I feel bad for getting his shots the day before his birthday, but he needs this last dose... Until next season... :(

On a side note... Please pray for baby Ben Page... He is in Children's as I type with a high fever (almost hit 106!!!), he is on the waiting list for a heart, but if one comes available while he has a fever, he cannot get it... Right now, according to his mom's blog, they are thinking pneumonia and have already started antibiotics... So if you could just add him to the list of prayers, I'd appreciate it and I'm sure his parents will too... I've met some AMAZING people and other strong and "chosen" parents at our multiple stays at the hospital... It just makes me feel like I'm not alone, that other people are fighting these battles and fighting for the life of their child... WE TRULY ARE AMAZING!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment