Friday, June 4, 2010

Sacred Silence

Sacred silence, Holy Ocean, gentle water, washing over me; Help me listen, Holy Spirit. Come and speak to me...

God my Father, Christ my brother, Holy Spirit, sanctifying me; Lord, I'm sorry, please forgive me. Come and set me free.

Holy Mary, Gentle mother, God's pure vessel, praying for me; Saints and Angels, all in heaven, come and be with me...

We sang this song at Mass this past Sunday, and it was like somebody was speaking the words in my heart... How do you make the decision that somebody's life isn't worth trying for? That they have given up? That YOU should give up on them?

God, I'm sorry, for every wrong decision I've made in the care for James... Please guide us and be with us so we will know when the time is right, when you have chosen to take James home...

7 comments:

  1. Don't ever doubt that you are making the right decisions for James. God has put in your heart what He cannot put into words. He has been leading you all along.
    James knows God has given him the perfect mother to make his life as perfect as possible. I love you with all my heart and soul. Hugs and Kisses Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your courage is nothing less than a Divine Voice within you, choosing the path that is James's to walk in a greater perfection than we can imagine. Your strength to bear the unbearable is an expression of the Perfection that inspires the rest of us profoundly. Bless you, Nicole. Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you, sweet parents, as you seek God's best for this beautiful child. I agree that God has been helping make decisions all along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We pray for your little James, our son is special needs too, and we know what is like to be right where you are right now. God is always there, always. We send you so much love and comfort during these difficult days.

    Love,
    Stacy, Chris & Little Noah
    http://www.noahsmiralce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love and prayers for your family and strength for your journey. ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nichole ... being a parent of a child with special needs is never easy and to make decisions on their behalf is something that as a parent, you can only hope that every decision is the 'right' decision. You and Joe have only done what you thought was best for James always. With all of the love you have showed him along the way, there can never be any wrong. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm new to your blog (referred through James' Facebook page) and am so heartbroken for you. We lost our first baby. Spent his entire 20 days with us at The Children's Hospital in Denver. How hard these times must be for you and your family. And I too have to say, with the love you have for him, there is no wrong in your choices. I'll be thinking and praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete